TECH Talks is a one-day seminar produced entirely by students from Oregon Institute of Technology, featuring speakers who are shaping the future in the fields of Technology, Engineering, Creativity and Health. It brings exciting current innovations in the TECH fields to Oregon Tech students; and presents cutting edge technologies, which help to connect them (the next generation of industry leaders) with prospective employers. The event also introduces to industry leaders, the opportunities Oregon Tech students have to develop their non-technical skills – such as writing, teamwork, and problem solving – which prepare them to be more well-rounded professionals.
Watch our YouTube promotional video to learn more!
- Stay up to date with new technologies
- Connect with Oregon Tech students and alumni
- Network with industry professionals
Who Should Attend
- Undergraduate, graduate and PhD students from all Oregon institutions
- Oregon Tech Alumni
- Faculty from the TECH fields
- Industry professionals that want to stay up to date with new technologies
- Company Recruiters
Keynote Speaker - Ketan Paranjape
Ketan Paranjape is the General Manager Life Sciences at Intel Corporation. His role involves developing business and markets, strategies, policies and solutions for insurance companies, hospitals and clinics, governments, academic and research institutions, wearable companies and pharmaceuticals with the goal of delivering "Precision Medicine at the touch of a button. Everywhere. Everyday. and For Everyone." In his 18 years at Intel, he has been part of products spanning the entire "Compute Continuum" from high performance computing (HPC) to embedded medical devices in roles encompassing architecture, R&D, strategy, planning, sales and marketing. He has been part of Intel Research as the Chief of Staff and Technical Advisor to the Intel Chief Technology Officer and completed assignments at the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) under the aegis of the United Nations (Geneva) developing specifications for Cyber-Security. He is currently a faculty member at the International Institute for Analytics and teaches regularly at the Harvard School of Public Health and Cambridge University in the UK.
- 8:00 AM - Check-In. Coffee and Breakfast Bar Networking.
- 8:20 AM - Campus Tour.
- 9:00 AM - Keynote Speaker: Ketan Paranjape, General Manager, Intel's Life Sciences Group.
- 10:00 AM - Networking coffee break (Change room configuration for breakout sessions).
- 12:00 PM - Student Poster Session.
- 12:00 PM - Free Networking Lunch
- 2:00 PM - Event Finishes
Would you like to help? Would you like to be a volunteer?
Contact us at contact@OregonTechTalks.org to volunteer!